Friday, November 13, 2009

These Important Things...

The important things in life always happened by accident. As teenager, I don’t know much about it, in fact, with each passing years I was a lot less clear about most things. But this much I know.

You could worry yourself sick trying to be a better person, spend a thousand sleepless nights figuring out how to live clean, decent and honest life. You could make a plan and bolt it in place, kneel by the bed every night and swear to God you’d stick to it. But somehow, out of the black beyond, like a hawk on a rat, some nameless catastrophe would swoop into your life and turn everything upside down and inside out forever.

Now as an adult, as I watching a lone eagle soars the blue sky, I realize that I still don’t know much about it. In my view of life, everything is mapped all out decided and as just got revealed to me as I went along. Somehow, there are accidents and then I have to make choices. Plenty of those. It’s just that sometimes the important ones aren’t mine to make. And I have to live with these subsequent of it. One thing I’m sure, things happened for a reason. Or for million reasons, for god sake.

Normally, we have these grand ideas of fame and fortune when they were young. And as we grow older, we got real and settled for less. Or maybe we just simply discovered that there were other things that were more important in life. Life goes on and on.

But, still, I don’t know much.

No comments:

Post a Comment