Sunday, December 20, 2009

Kodomo Bento

Sometimes, a very simple gesture or habit can make a very big change. I don’t know about other, but there’s something within me had changed. Whenever I go to my favorite place, I always headed out for Sushi King for a simple and healthy meal. As usual, I opted for ‘kodomo bento’ meal set. The portion and its variety of food suited my taste bud and just nice for my fill of food, without to waste any. For years, I’d been ordering the same meal, except for occasional sushi, sashimi, tempura or udon noodles.

Then, after I met dia, we discovered that we had the same passion for Japanese food. So, at our second so-called date, we decided to try SK at my favorite place. As being a gentleman, he asked me to order first, which I did. Being myself, I order that set. Then his turn. After that, he told me that his ex was usually ordering the same meal every time they went out together. My heart suddenly felt cold in an instance. But luckily I manage to act cool at that moment. So, when the foods arrived, he just went eating like nothing happened, unlike me. The rice feels like dust or small rocks. The tempura lost its taste. I had to force myself to finish every morsel on my plate as we continued chatting during the lunch.

So, today, I take early leave from office and went there. I didn’t have breakfast, so I decided to have something to eat first, before doing anything. Automatically, I’m thinking about SK, but I force myself to choose other meals besides Japanese food. Its ten minutes to three, so I guess the food court is not full of people. But, I’m dead wrong. So many people that my feet bring me to SK.


Well, fine than.

The waiter came and asked what I want to eat. I nearly blurred up ‘kodomo bento’ but caught up in time to say ‘soba cold set’. To be honest, that’s exactly what I need at the time but I simply can’t say it out aloud. Out of the blue, I started to hate that meal. I don’t know why or how it happened, but the ‘ghost’ of kodomo bento really gets me.

And now, our relationship is hanging by the thread, because of his ex. We are just started, but because of her, we can’t go on. I hate this. Their time is gone. So let it be. I simply can’t take it. I also had my share of failed/past relationship, but I didn’t let it overcrowded the new one. Let bygone be gone. Start fresh. Create new history with new partner or companion. Don’t be overshadowing by the past. Otherwise, you’ll never move on.

Drastically, my habit changed. I no longer longs for ‘kodomo bento’ I despised it now. Something I used to love so much, turned up to be the ones I hate most now. Sometimes, I do wonder. Maybe as long as I alive, I never order that meal again. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment