Monday, May 24, 2010

Life Is Amazing

Life is still amazing!

In period of one week, I met some new friends, different nationality, as well as gender and age. Lovely and educational experiences too! There’s some ‘things’ that I want to share about…

First, about an elderly Australia couple. One fine day this week, I’d been approached by a lady, asking for direction. Since, the place in on my way too, I just asked them, she and her husband, to follow me, using LRT. On the way, we started talking and get to know each other. Because I’m just finishing one project and about to take a day or two off before starting new ones, so I volunteer to be their guide. No big deal, my pleasure, actually.

So, we started talking. Found out few similarities. Two full days we spend together while bargain shopping and sight seeing. Tiring but educational (well, I hate shopping, you know!). J is more outspoken and friendly, eager to explore more compare to his wife, S, who are a bit introvert and being typical women, love to shop! So, naturally I spend more time with J while waiting S finished her shopping.

We talked about everything under the sun. Especially about religious, culture and people around the world. Being different races, background, belief and age, he’s more curious about me, being totally opposite of the woman he believed should be. Maybe, I’m so different from my fellow Malay and Muslim lady, being well covered from head to toe, but having vast opinion of life itself.
Well, I’m more impressed with their relationship. Easy and loving. They are so different to each other, but still manage to be together. I found out that the lady is Indonesian. Her husband is Australian. So, I asked how they met and married. You know usual questions…

Interesting story. I do wander how patient he is during their early stage of relationship due to communication. Or lack of it. S barely can speak English, just Indonesian and Hokkien. Meanwhile, J’s accent of English is so thick. How they can understand each other well and get married and live there peacefully? From my observation, during this short period of time, they are so different to each other. I do express my thought aloud, but J just laughed.

He admitted that they do have some ‘situation’, even now. But the faith, trust, love and understanding to each other overcome all. J is more or less like me. Adventurous, eager to explore new things, historical trails, trying local foods, love museums, love to walk around, experienced local culture and custom. Well read as well. Compare to S, you know…typical woman who prefer luxurious lifestyle and of course, shopping!

But, is very kind, patient and so caring to his wife. Giving her space, massage her foots, have a good laugh over something. Or just enjoying nothing at all. In their elderly state, once a year, J bring S for vacation in foreign countries. In spite of their differences in interest and characters, they managed to enjoy themselves.

How I wish to have that kind of relationship! I envy them! I told them so. S only smile and patted my hand while saying, “One day, L****, you’ll too! I wish to have a lovely and bright daughter like you. You are very good girl. God will give you a good man too. I pray for you.” Meanwhile, J was surprised when he knew that I’m single and available. He said, from what he observed and by our conversation, any man are very lucky to get me as his companion. I’m so well read, able to talk about anything, have a strong positive characters, faithful, loyal, very open minded, humble, pleasant and easy to be with, and so on and on. He shocked that no local or decent guys didn’t snare me yet. We had a good laugh at it. Hahaha!

I just thanked him for his kind words. Yeah, true that I’m lonely but I don’t want to settle down with someone just because circumstances or custom required me to. I’m willing to wait for someone who really wants me for what I am. For whom I really am. Even, it takes a lifetime.

Well, I know myself. I’m not as good as he said, but I’m not bad as well. Just an ordinary lady.

Or maybe I’m just unlucky, unlike them.

No comments:

Post a Comment