Thursday, December 3, 2009

Depression and Hope


“You can’t be happy unless you learn to feel at peace with who you are and aren’t doubting yourself. I’ve learned to overcome a lot of anxiety about myself and I don’t weighted down by life anymore…”

That’s what Kirsten Dunst said about her battle of depression. I’m happy for her. At last, she had found internal peace in herself to move on. Way to go, girl!

To start bright and early in this coming new year, I want to talk about depression. First, I agree with Ms. Dunst that we have to accept who we really are – our strength, weaknesses, insecurities, virtues, etc – in order to live positively. Some of us might fortunately lucky to have everything in his/her live, but for most of us, everyday is a battle of survival. Life, family, career, financial, relationship and all. Life isn’t bed of roses for everyone, right?

There’s an excellent and very positive article in The Malaysian Women Weekly, January edition, it titled: Fell 100% Happier. It started with this sentence: Is your glass half full or half empty? (sound cliché, like overused phrase in motivational or self-built book/article, but it work!) I found it very inspiring!

To be honest, 2009 did not bring me any improvement in my personal life as much as I hope for. I did not achieved some target I’d set for myself, but that’s all right. It just that I have to work harder, go further and pray more!

I used to those disappointment in life. I know that the greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing my heart and soul in the process. Maybe that is the blessing in disguise that appeared in the shapes of pains, losses and disappointments for this time being. Give it some time and patience; it will reveal its true figures. Or maybe I’m too ‘blind’ to see it.

I can not tell what may happen in future, but I believe in myself; that I’m gifted in something, and that these things, at whatever cost, must be attained. I will not agree for less because I believe the minute I settle for less than I deserve, I get even less than I’ve settled for. Sooner or later, my time will come. It’s just a matter of time.

May God bless me!

No comments:

Post a Comment