Friday, December 25, 2009

The Longest Day on Earth

The tidal bulges in the Earth’s ocean, caused by the gravitational effect of the Moon; are gradually transferring momentum from the Earth’s rotation to the Moon’s orbit. As a result, the Earth’s rotation is slowing at a rate of around 0.02 seconds per century and each day is fractionally longer than the day before. Therefore, the longest day on Earth is always TODAY!



You know what? I'm working today! Funny, rite! To be honest, I never work on Public Holiday, but nowadays when I joined this company recently, I’m only got full off day on Sunday! Half day on Saturday. Sometimes, it made me smile all alone coz I’d used to have my own 'office hour' but now I relearn to follow other. Well, it's life!

Today, everything is a bit slow here. Everybody seems like enjoying their holiday. Unlike us, here at the office. Yesterday, at office, we had 'Gift Games'. In our daily briefing, everybody bring a present and all of us given a number randomly. So, the first person can choose any gift from the pile of presents. She/He had to open it o show us. Second person can open new present or 'stole' the present from the first person. And so on. If that happen, the person which gift had 'stolen' can open new present or can 'stole' other's opened present.

It's hilarious funny! Firstly, I opened random present. Got a soft toy! Then, it get ‘stolen’ from me, I choose a box that like a book for me…guess what? I’m right! It’s a book. And nobody wants to take it away from me this time! Haha! So, as a book lover, I guess it’s blessing!

Two day ago, I bought 7 books from a book sale nearby my place. Despite of my ‘nearly red’ budget, I willingly sacrifice my ‘duit belanja’ to buy books! Typical me! It’s reminding me, when at school, I used to save my pocket money, 50 cents a day to buy book. Willingly went without food on recess in order to get my favorite story book! I guess, I’ll stay the same forever!

So, anybody want to give me books for present on this festive season of giving? Well, you are most welcome to! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment