Monday, March 22, 2010

Food....(again?)

I don’t know why, but lately I found myself eating all the time. Usually, I’m only up to a heavy meal per day, usually brunch or dinner. Starting with breakfast (that’s a must!), then my regular fix of caffeine and something light throughout the day in the between. That’s all.

But nowadays, I do find myself getting hungry most of the time. Because I prefer to cook rather than eat out, I seemed like to be in kitchen every waking moment.
This few days, I begin my days with local black coffee, usually while staring up glistening KLCC, warming up by the sun. Hhmm, heaven! (tq monaSakti!) With some kaya or blueberry toast. Then head up to my laptop. Then around 10 am, I feel hungry again. So, I fixed something. French toast something hot and simple, like fried rice/noodle or toasted sandwich (again!).

Around 3 or 4, the urge to munch something appeared. And because I do have some ‘extra’ pasta sauce from previous cooking session, I boiled some spirali or penne and dumped whatever what veggie in my little fridge. It lasts until nightfall.

Or if I do have to be in office, lunch time usually spend eating with my partner at stall nearby, lustfully indulge myself with Malay cuisine and cool drinks. And in the afternoon, he wills ‘wooing’ me with ‘pisang or ubi goreng. Hhmmm. Or a nice guy next door asked me for hang out after work for drink or something! ‘Or something’ turned out to be my favorite nasi lemak with Nescafe. Gosh!

Well, staying single, I do have freedom to do whatever I like. Or do nothing at all. Nowadays, I’m into Cajun food. Found some recipes in magazine and love to experience. Chilies, jalapeno, nachos, rice, beans, etc. Not bad, I guess.

Night time, I slowed a bit. Seldom ate after 8pm, unless I attend any function/dinner or having family ‘makan-makan’. But still, I hunted for something. Apple, orange or any pastries in the fridge. In the middle of the night, the craving for ice cream keeps coming back…! Sometimes I do fight it, but most of the time, I surrender!

And I feel so unmotivated to work out. Not even skipping or star jumping! From daily or alternate day of exercise, I turned up to be sleazy ‘couch mate’. Don’t know what happening to me. Feels like alien hijacking my body, making me bloated and gross. Not like me at the least. But all I can be sure is, I don’t like it at all. And gosh, I do have to do something about it!


p/s: did I mention that I got a supply of chocolate, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment